Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

New WIP



I haven't done as much as I hoped I would today, but then I've had a lot of distractions, including reading a play script, betaing a short story for someone and doing household chores. It's good to feel as though one is of some use.

Tomorrow I'll be dismantling the pirate exhibition and preparing the walls and cases to put up the new one which is based on the book and film Resistance by Owen Sheers. It will try to show a little of the story of the Auxiliary Units - the people who were supposed to form the backbone of the British Resistance if, as was expected, Britain was invaded in 1940. Most of them were very young men in 'countryside' professions - farm labourers, hunt servants, vets - and almost all of them kept their involvement in this most covert of forces a deadly secret for the rest of their lives. It's rather telling that they were issued with supplies of morphine not to relieve the pain of wounded comrades but to silence them.

Anyhow, it'll be fun to see the bits and pieces that the film company have let us borrow but I reckon I'm going to be absolutely whacked by the end of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment