Pages

Saturday 17 December 2011

Oww

One of the highlights of the British winter is black ice, which on tarmac looks identical to wet tarmac. Consequently, while walking the pooch this morning I marched merrily out of a puddle onto the ice and fell flat on my back. I must've lost a few minutes because an elderly lady who was in the distance when I fell was standing over me when I opened my eyes. She didn't know whether to laugh or be worried. I have bruises everywhere but the dog thought it was great fun! He loves it when we get down on the floor nd he can reach to lick us. Another ow! Himself has decided to put a loft access in my writing space. I can understand the sense of it. When the plumber plumbed in the radiators on the top floor he made life easy for himself by putting water pipes across the other loft access so we can't reach anything that is stored up there [the man was an idiot]. So yes, it's a job that needs doing. But I wish he'd used dustsheets. Now I have books, papers, PC etc smothered in gritty Victoria plaster dust and bits of loft insulation, and a big hole in the ceiling through which a deluge of icy air streams and warm air wells up. I'd probably be more amused by this if I wasn't sore and achey and still a bit damp with dog spit.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Oooh ouch! BTW, I'm happy to read M/M adventure stuff if you need or want a secondary critique partner. I mean, a jolly pirate ship and lads together: wink, nod nod . . . ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) that's a very kind and gallant offer, Francine. I'll be very pleased to take you up on it too. Thank you. My stories are more adventure than m/m if you know what I mean. I'm not very good with the explicit stuff either with m/m or het. Of course, I would be more than happy to reciprocate. I've betaed or done read-throughs for other published authors - apparently I can be quite helpful!

    I'm very excited at the moment because I signed my first proper contract just before Christmas for a little m/m historical novella set in 4th century BC Greece. :) I can hardly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that! I hate black ice. I've had more than my share of falls on it, too. Nasty stuff.

    I hope you heal up quickly, and that your writing space stops being a carpentry space soon.

    ReplyDelete